James C. Lu, Ph.D., PE
- Ph.D., Environmental Science and Engineering, University of Southern California, 1976;
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 1972;
- M.S., Sanitary Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1971;
- B.S., Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, 1968.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY:
Academic Field –
- Registered Professional Civil Engineer, California (since 1978);
- Visiting Professor, Environmental College, Shanghai Jiaotong University (2011-2014);
- Faculty Member, University of Southern California (1976-2008);
- Faculty Member, California State University, Long Beach (1989-1990).
Dr. Lu has been involved in both academic and industrial fields of civil and environmental science and engineering for over 30 years. He has been retained as a faculty member by several universities teaching in the environmental field. Because of his expertise, he was also invited as an advisory committee member to develop regulations and environmental policies by US Environmental Protection Agency. He has also retained by many industries, state and local governments to be expert consultants. Dr. Lu has authored over 50 publications and three books in the environmental fields.
Industrial Field –
Dr. Lu has completed over three hundred medium and large size projects as a Principal Investigator, a Project Manager, a Project Director, or a Chief Engineer in his professional career since mid-1970’s. Dr. Lu has developed many new technologies and applications in the environmental field, such as R&D, design, and manufacturing of sound barriers from recycled plastic and rubber materials, development of sound and vibration pads from crumb rubber, invention of a high-rate process for recovery of municipal and agricultural waste materials, design of large scale energy farm and nano-solar energy generation materials, and several ecological protection methods.